Wednesday 13 April 2011

Youtube

After speaking with my teacher at the very beginning of this project, she told me that this film had to be around the 1 minute 30 second mark as anything too long will lose the views interest. With this in mind I decided to look through lots of youtube video's to see what the best time would really be. Most official film trailers are around 2 and a half to 3 minutes but I need to take into account that my film reel hasn't got to sell a whole film so it doesn't rally need to tell a narrative, it's mainly about selling ME as a product. 
I also decided to look at other makeup artist's reels to see what they did and how they presented their work. To be fair there weren't many that were great, most were for special effect makeup and body paint, most that I came across were american makeup artist and the video's are a little cheesy, I feel bad saying that but I have to be honest and look at them as competition.
This video stood out for me as it quite simply done but i think its effective, its just ashame that the quality is not great but I guess that YouTube for you.

And heres another-


X


No comments:

Post a Comment