For My Images-
- always keep on record the time, date, location and crew names.
- for shoots think of a title to focus my thoughts into the creation.
- look at photographers for inspiration, as thats what every great designer is doing.
- test, test, test, and then test again!
- make a call sheet for all of my shoots, so all info is at arms reach, plus a good way of keeping track of your work experience.
- get a sense of life into the picture, (movement, think Jerry Hall!)
- Always think about content and context! whats in the foreground, whats in the background, why? what does everything say, what do the clothing items say.
- think and talk about what you see in the images created, what is the image trying to say, what does it actually say?
- Crop shots if you need to play with different crops, this can make images more interesting.
- give your model something to do, give them direction, maybe a scenario or character to be.
- open and close the mouth for a variety of images every time.
- think about the use of colour, maybe one colour but different shades of it.
- hair doesn't always need to be considered, you can use a hat or something that covers the hair, like a swimming hat or lamp shade. this may add more focus on the face.
- you can create am image using just a section of the face like the lips.
This stuff maybe obvious, but somtimes I just don't think about the bigger picture so very helpful for me. X